Introducing Chiesi Air medicines
For people living with a respiratory condition, the world can feel suffocating. We continue to look for the best ways to support you and the people you care for. Our research and resulting portfolio of treatments have been specifically designed to support a range of patient needs, including the incorporation of extrafine formulations and a choice of device type in our latest treatments.1–11
Our carbon neutral portfolio of respiratory treatments offers choice and flexibility for you and your patients so that you never have to choose between patients and the environment.
ICS / LABA / LAMA
ICS / LABA
|Inhaler device type(s)||
Beclometasone / Formoterol / Glycopyrronium
Beclometasone / Formoterol
Most used ICS/LABA/LAMA combination in the UK12
Most used ICS/LABA combination in the UK12
Most used brand of ICS in the UK12
|Learn more about Trimbow||Learn more about Fostair||Learn more about Clenil||Learn more about Atimos|
*NEXThaler 88/5/9 is only licensed in COPD
Trimbow pMDI 87/5/9 is indicated for the maintenance treatment of asthma, in adults not adequately controlled with a maintenance combination of a long-acting β2-agonist and medium dose of inhaled corticosteroid, and who experienced one or more asthma exacerbations in the previous year.1
Moderate to severe COPD:
Trimbow pMDI 87/5/9 and NEXThaler 88/5/9 are indicated for maintenance treatment in adult patients with moderate to severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) who are not adequately treated by a combination of an inhaled corticosteroid and a long-acting β2-agonist or a combination of a long-acting β2-agonist and a long-acting muscarinic antagonist (for effects on symptoms control and prevention of exacerbations see section 5.1 of the SPC).1,2
Think triple (ICS/LABA/LAMA), think Trimbow
The only 3-in-1 ICS/LABA/LAMA combination:
- licensed for the maintenance treatment of both adult asthma (pMDI only) and moderate to severe COPD (pMDI & NEXThaler® DPI)1,2,13
- in extrafine formulation designed to reach the large and small airways1,2,14
- available in both a pMDI and NEXThaler (DPI) to help meet the needs of your patients with moderate to severe COPD.1,2
Adult asthma –Maintenance therapy (100/6 and 200/6):
Fostair 100/6 & 200/6 are indicated in the regular treatment of asthma in adults where use of a combination product (inhaled corticosteroid and long-acting β2-agonist) is appropriate:
- patients not adequately controlled with inhaled corticosteroids and ‘as needed’ inhaled rapid-acting β2-agonist3–6
- patients already adequately controlled on both inhaled corticosteroids and long-acting β2-agonists.3–6
Adult asthma – Maintenance and reliever therapy (MART) (100/6 only):
Fostair 100/6 maintenance and reliever therapy should especially be considered for adult asthma patients with:
- not fully controlled asthma and in need of reliever medication3,5
- asthma exacerbations in the past requiring medical intervention.3,5
COPD – Maintenance therapy (100/6 only):
Fostair 100/6 is indicated for symptomatic treatment of patients with severe COPD (FEV1<50% predicted normal) and a history of repeated exacerbations, who have significant symptoms despite regular therapy with long-acting bronchodilators.3,5
Fostair offers choice and flexibility to meet individual patient needs:
- the only extrafine ICS/LABA combination in a range of devices and strengths3–6,13
- designed to reach the large and small airways3-6,14
- combination of well-established molecules providing rapid bronchodilation as quick as reliever medication.3–6,12,13
Patients requiring intermittent symptomatic bronchodilator asthma medication on a regular basis.7–10
Patients with unstable or worsening asthma despite prophylactic therapy or bronchodilator alone.7–10
Patients with severe chronic asthma and those who are dependent on systemic corticosteroids for adequate control of symptoms.7–10
Clenil is the most widely prescribed brand of ICS in the UK:12
- available in a pMDI across four different strengths7–10
- more than 29 million patient years of experience since its launch in 200615 and one of the first CFC-free metered-dose inhalers which supported the seamless transition to inhalers which do not deplete the ozone layer.16
Atimos is indicated for the long-term symptomatic treatment of persistent, moderate to severe asthma in patients requiring regular bronchodilator therapy in combination with long-term anti- inflammatory therapy (inhaled and/or oral glucocorticoids).11
Glucocorticoid therapy should be continued on a regular basis.11
For adults and adolescents ≥12 years old.11
Atimos is indicated for the relief of broncho-obstructive symptoms in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).11
For adults ≥18 years old.11
Atimos: A LABA (formoterol fumarate) in an extrafine formulation
- Asthma: Used to treat symptoms of wheezing and breathlessness in patients with moderate to severe asthma11
- COPD: Used to relieve symptoms such as cough, wheezing and shortness of breath in patients with COPD11
- Trimbow pMDI 87/5/9 Summary of Product Characteristics. Chiesi Limited.
- Trimbow NEXThaler 88/5/9 Summary of Product Characteristics. Chiesi Limited.
- Fostair pMDI 100/6 Summary of Product Characteristics. Chiesi Limited.
- Fostair pMDI 200/6 Summary of Product Characteristics. Chiesi Limited.
- Fostair NEXThaler 100/6 Summary of Product Characteristics. Chiesi Limited.
- Fostair NEXThaler 200/6 Summary of Product Characteristics. Chiesi Limited.
- Clenil Modulite 50 micrograms Summary of Product Characteristics. Chiesi Limited.
- Clenil Modulite 100 micrograms Summary of Product Characteristics. Chiesi Limited.
- Clenil Modulite 200 micrograms Summary of Product Characteristics. Chiesi Limited.
- Clenil Modulite 250 micrograms Summary of Product Characteristics. Chiesi Limited.
- Atimos Summary of Product Characteristics. Chiesi Limited.
- IQVIA Ltd, BPI/HPA, MAT August 2023.
- MIMS online. 2023. Available at: https://www.mims.co.uk/
- Singh D. Tuberc Respir Dis. 2017; 80:317-324.
- IQVIA LPD data. Dec 2021.
- Chiesi Limited. Data on File. 2022.